Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

BMÅN

On your Soundcloud I read that there is a deeper meaning behind your name ‘BMÅN’. Would you like to go into it?
BMÅN stands for "Be Music Åbove Noise"
We live in an age where conformity is now considered the only acceptable way to think. Every time a thought is repeated mindlessly it is degraded in quality and meaning like in the game telephone. In a world where everyone is passing around these same thoughts the result is that we live in disharmonious noise, which is destructive to our physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
I am setting out to live as a model, as someone who thinks only from the original source; the cosmic music of ideas, and to bring those ideas into reality to encourage others to discover their own creative potential and bring out the music in their hearts to the world. For every person that has the courage to live true to their inner song, we will have a better, more magical, more positive world.

How did you develop your sound and figure out what styles of music you wanted to emulate?
I really try not to have a 'sound.'  My approach to music is how Bruce Lee approached martial arts "to have style without having a style."  I go into every song with the intention to create something that sounds like nothing I have ever made before and hopefully nothing like anyone has ever made before.  If the day ever arrives that I start making derivative versions of my earlier work then that'll be when it's be time for me to hang it up.  But, don't hold onto your pantyhose on that one because there's plenty of fire left in this kettlebomb.

What was the inspiration for ‘Queen Bree’ and how would you describe it to someone unfamiliar to your music?
"Queen Bree" is about a girl who broke up with me because she didn't think she was good enough to be my girlfriend.  Yet, I knew she was, but she couldn't see that.  That was my nickname for her, which she eventually rejected on the basis that "she wasn't good enough to be a Queen."  It's my hope in life through my music and other work that I can inspire many girls out there to realize that they were all born to be Queens.


You describe ‘Queen Bree’ as a ‘love trap’. What exactly is ‘love trap’?
I don't know what 'love trap' is really, I create an original genre name for every song I release.  I listened back to the song and those are the words that came to mind.

Do you have any projects you are currently working on?
Yes I am currently working on an internet project called FuturEchoes which I am really excited about.
In a nutshell this is what I call a discovery grid which collects content from across the web and presents it in a simple, easy to explore feed.
(You can check that out at FuturEchoes.com and read more about it at the FuturEchoes blog.)

Where can people find your music?
My music is currently available on soundcloud @bmanmakesmusic, on a great new app called Tradiio (http://tradiio.com/bman) and additionally many of my songs are on youtube hosted on my friend Bandit Tunes' channel.