Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vasko Picasso: Artistry > Rapping

You say that you're an artist- not a rapper. What is the difference between the two?
To me being an artist is being able to be versatile. I feel I'm a total package. I write for myself and others. Not to mention, I engineer my own work. Also I don't just stick to the Rap/HipHop genre. I've been working on a lot of R&B, Pop, and EDM lately.

Do you find it hard to differentiate yourself from a rapper considering the style of music you make?
Yes I have in the past, currently I've been focusing writing, plotting ideas, and listening to inputs of others. I think in due time I'll deliver the world something unique.

You're new single, 'Gud For It', was recently released. What is the story behind the song?
"Gud For It" was a song I actually came up with back in 2013. I recorded the hook and song with some friends. We put it out but never pushed it. One day I sat down with my producer "LoopaBeats" and he cooked up this cold beat! I laid that hook and the rest happened!

Is 'Gud For It' going to apart of a bigger project?
I actually was planning to use it for my EP. Thought about how i wanted my EP to sound. Sat on the song and a few others then just dropped it! I'll use the others on my tape, it'll be out in June!

What can we expect from you in the future?
From here I'm just goin up! Working on my tape, writing out my EP "A Work of Art", and just pushing my brand. I always dreamed to be on a major label, but I feel I have to prove I deserve that check! So I'll be pushing out music, videos, performing, and learning tell then.

Where can people find you and your music?