Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Zay Mason



How would you describe your music to people who have never heard it before?
I would have to call it honest raw lyricism . Its gonna take you to a different place in Hip Hop people don't normally want to go. I represent the lost and forgotten and the people that are angry for no Damn reason.

Do  you think that hip hop is still as powerful and influential as it was say 5 or even 10 years ago? Why?
I think Hip Hop is even more influential now than it was back then. Popular culture takes a lot from one genre , from one lifestyle and I think that shows how important Hip Hop has become and how profitable it has grown to be. As far as influential in a positive way... that's in question there aren't many artists with big things to say or stories to tell, atleast in that mainstream bracket.

Would you say that your environment has an effect on your music?
Yes, definitely. Not to be a cliche- but personally I'm like a sponge I observe and take in everything and turn it into my own energy its one of the fun things about being artist you can draw inspiration from almost anywhere or anybody especially your own natural habit on a daily basis.

Where do you hope to be professionally in five years?
Hopefully by then I would like to put the talented people I work with in a better position to eat off the artistic visions we have as individuals. It would be cool to be able to give back as much as you've been given or give more.

Where can people find your music and connect with you?
My personal Ig/twitter is @whoiszaymason and my teams handle is @sentinels_