Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

April Favorites

July Quin - "Nobody"
Quin's album, 'Dealing with Doubt' dropped earlier in the month and he murders this song like it literally nobody's business. This upbeat, yet dark song challenges you to cherish the time that you have before it's too late.
Favorite Line: They say that this is the best time when you discover your best side through all the sin that you about to commit.

Murs - "Break Up (The OJ Song)"

I recently went to a Tech N9NE concert where Murs performed and as soon as he sang this I knew he was singing about me. We all have that ONE person we love so much, but hate at the same time. This song is perfect for those in between moments.
Favorite Line: Started missing you again last night 'til I remembered all the reasons that your ass love to fight. It's like, dude I really wanted this to work, but you had to get your shit together first.

Alabama Shakes - "I Found You"
Alabama Shakes has took the world somewhat by storm appearing on shows like SNL and Letterman. With their newly released album 'Sound & Color' that I am also obsessed with I had to pay homage to my favorite song from 'Boys & Girls' that has been finding itself on every playlist I've made this month.
Favorite Line: If it's not the real deal then I don't know it 'cause it sure does feel, and I think it sure does show.


Lion Babe - "Jungle Lady"
Lion Babe slays in 'Jungle Lady' with her smokey and sweet voice. This song is cocky, but at the same time pretty humble. 
Favorite Line: Baby don't be shy let's go and fall in love. Hold each other close and watch the stars above.


Snakehips - "Poison" ft. Daniella T.A.O.L.

From the alluring instrumental to the sultry vocals by Daniella T.A.O.L. this song is so perfect for those night time spring/summer adventures when you're already a few in.
Favorite Line: I could be forgiven for giving you the run around there's no good pretending.

ArchDuke - "Ama be Happy" ft. Jenee Jones
This feel good song is perfect for those days when you wake up in a bit of a funk. I promise that if you play this you will feel invincible by the end of the first chorus. ArchDuke delivers on this encouraging song that just makes you feel...well, happy.
Favorite Line: My hearts been torn into pieces. My prides been crushed and egos been dimished. My life's been tossed to the floor to the ceiling. Up and down like I live on a coaster but still I say love keeps lifting me higher.