Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wannabe - Mike Bell ft. Eman the Heartbreak

What is the story behind the song?
Mike: Basically, I was looking for beats, and I stumbled across this one beat and I was instantly just like, “Wow, I think I love this”.  Only problem was, it was a reposted beat. I didn’t know who the original producer was, so I didn’t want to use it. Eman the Heartbreak was the one who actually found the original producer. It kinda fit a story about some kid at my school. I remember him tweeting something about WannaBe rappers knowing it was a shot at me. So he was kind of an inspiration for the song. Shout out to him.  


Why do you think people will relate to this song?
Mike: It’s a really fun song. Soon as the piano comes in at the beginning, it grabs a listener’s attention. With summer coming, I think it’ll be a really fun song to vibe to while you’re at the beach, or on the way to the amusement park. But also, it’s the message of pushing to be greater. It’s the message of trying to be more than you thought you could be. I love it.  


How did the collab with Eman the Heartbreak come together?
Mike: I like to share stuff with E before I put it out. One day, I asked him to listen to this beat that I had found and he fell in love with it instantly and asked if he could hop on. I thought it would be a great song to say “Hey guys, we’re HNE”, so I decided it’d be the first single to my upcoming project.  


Is this song on any future project you are working on?
Mike: This is actually the first single to my new album that’s coming out on August 27th, titled 'Full Circle'. I wanted the first single to be something really fun, because I had never made anything like that before. I wanted to try something new. It’s really just a piece of a conscious project, but it’s a very fun part.

You can listen to the song, 'Wannabe' tomorrow at 9pm.

Mike Bell's Soundcloud | Twitter | IG

HNE Collective's Twitter | IG

Eman the Heartbreak's Soundcloud | Twitter | Facebook | IG