Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Favorites

Marlee in the Mixx - "Cloud 9"
"Cloud 9" is a subtle song about obsession. Marlee in the Mixx perfectly capture the feeling of being completely, and utterly infatuated with a person in this hallucinatory song.
Favorite Line: You got highed up, drugged out. Why you all I think about? Kiss my lips. I get my fix. Inhale my fire. Blow me out.



XiT - "Young(er)"
In XiT's album, "Young", he talks about the ups and downs of being young and passionate. This track captures the feeling of summer euphoria, when you feel invincible and golden.
Favorite Line: High off life, chasing feelings of euphoria. This here's a story of a young dream chaser trying to get green paper. Need a secret like Victoria.



The Peace and Body Roll Duo Boomscat - "Private Show"
From the surging synth to the fervid vocals this is the perfect "sexy time" song. The lyrics are assertive, yet modest- which pretty much sums up the perfect lover.
Favorite Line: Baby, I don't wanna talk. Maybe I just wanna uhh, touch you in your favorite spot. Tell me you won't give it up?



Purple Ferdinand - "Wasn't Taught to Love"
From her debut, "The Dragonfly EP", Purple Ferdinand woos us with her vulnerable lyrics and wispy acoustic guitar in this alluring ballad.
Favorite Line: Distorted visions through love no reality. I believe in no such thing as sanity.



Ejaaz - "Guap"
Ejaaz is definitely an artist to look out for. On "Guap" Ejaaz achieves a form of dark ambition on this new wave track.
Favorite Line: I'll be damned if a damn ever stop my growth- no. Progression is vital. The heart carries love in a spiral.



JP Saxe - "Far From Broken"
In "Far From Broken" JP Saxe sings a soulful tale about trying to get over someone, but at the same time not losing what their love has brought you.
Favorite Line: My heart won't hold for someone else. Losing you can't mean losing myself.